Headaches and Migraine Treatment in St. Petersburg FL
Headaches and migraines can have a significant negative impact on a patient’s quality of life. Patients who experience headaches and migraines regularly may find it difficult to complete tasks at work and at home. At St. Petersburg Chiropractic Injury and Rehab, we understand the problems this can create for our patients. Headaches and migraines can prevent our patients from engaging in everyday, enjoyable activities. Using all natural chiropractic techniques, we provide headache and migraine treatment in St. Petersburg.
Causes of Headaches and Migraines in St. Petersburg
Patients can experience headaches and migraines for a variety of reasons. Some of the most common causes of headaches include:
- Whiplash. Whiplash is a neck injury that causes swelling, tenderness, muscle stiffness and pain that can radiate into the scalp. Whiplash is a common injury experienced by victims of car accidents.
- Stress. Tension headaches occur because muscle tightness can cause pain that radiates up and down the spine and into the scalp. Tension headaches can occur during times of extreme anxiety, or at any time when a patient is under stress.
- Text neck. This condition occurs when patients spend a lot of time looking down at mobile devices. Text neck causes pain in the neck and head, in addition to other symptoms.
- Poor mattress. A poor mattress can put pressure on the spinal cord, causing headaches, back aches, neck aches and chronic pain.
- Allergies. Allergies can cause pressure to build in the head and ears, resulting in headaches.
Chiropractic Treatments for Headaches and Migraines
Chiropractic care provides safe, non-invasive treatments for headaches and migraines. At St. Petersburg Chiropractic Injury and Rehab, we use the following techniques to help our patients manage their pain and overcome the condition responsible for the pain.
- Spinal adjustment. Spinal adjustment is one of the techniques we use to realign the spine and improve communication between the brain and the rest of the body. Spinal adjustment reduces pressure on the spine and promotes good health. Spinal adjustment also encourages the body to heal from injuries that cause headaches to occur.
- Massage therapy. Massage therapy is a highly effective treatment for patients who suffer from stress headaches. By loosening tight muscles and encouraging blood flow in injured areas of the body, massage therapy helps patients let go of anxiety and stress that cause pain.
- Lifestyle advice. Many headaches occur because of choices that patients make in their daily lives, and because of environmental factors. At St. Petersburg Chiropractic Injury and Rehab, we help patients make smart choices relating to lifestyle and environment that prevent headaches from occurring.
- Stretches and exercises. We teach patients how to do stretches and exercises that can improve muscle flexibility and encourage the body to heal from injuries that cause headaches.
- Nutrition counseling. Eating right can help improve health and reduce inflammation, which can in turn prevent headaches.
Contact Us for Chiropractic Care in St. Petersburg FL
For headache sufferers, we provide chiropractic care in St. Petersburg FL. With our all natural, gentle techniques, we help patients manage their headaches, improve their overall health and prevent injuries that cause future headaches. To make an appointment for diagnosis and treatment of headaches and migraines, contact us today at (727) 519-3757.