Chiropractic Treatments for Joint Pain at St. Petersburg Chiropractic Injury & Rehab
Do you live in the St. Petersburg, Florida area and suffer from painful joints? St. Petersburg Chiropractic Injury & Rehab can help. When people think about how a chiropractor treats their patients, they visualize a doctor popping necks and cracking backs. However, chiropractors do much more than that. They can treat a number of issues that many do not consider as chiropractic. Joint pain – whether from arthritis, injury, or something else – is one of those issues.
Common Causes of Joint Pain
Joint pain is one of the most common complaints heard by chiropractors. Often, this pain is caused by the inflammation of arthritis. However, there are other causes of joint pain that include:
- Sciatica – the compression of the sciatic nerve causes pain to radiate down the right side of the back and into the right hip and knee
- Herniated Discs- when the gel-like center of an intervertebral disc breaks through the nerve fiber laden outer layer, proteins from within the disc escape and cause inflammation of the nerve root
- Nerve compression – whatever the cause, when a nerve becomes compressed it can cause severe nerve pain
- Accident Injury – whether a sport, vehicular, or work-related accident, the joints often absorb much of the impact that can cause injury
How a Chiropractor Can Help
A chiropractor will focus on issues that have to do with the musculoskeletal system and the central nervous system (CNS). They utilize a whole-body non-invasive approach to pain relief and healing which often abolishes the need for habit-forming pain medication and/or surgery.
A chiropractor will employ recognized manual manipulation methods, nutritional counseling, and/or therapeutic and rehabilitative exercises. First, however, the cause of your pain must be determined. To do this, the chiropractor will likely:
- Take a thorough medical, familial, and social history
- Perform a physical and neurological exam
- Order diagnostic imaging like x-rays, MRIs, and CAT scans
Joint Pain Treatment Options
There are more than 150 proven chiropractic techniques available for a chiropractor to choose from among. They employ varying degrees of force and pressure to release pressure and manually align the joints, bones, and soft tissues of the body.
- Low force manual spinal manipulation
- Release techniques such as the Graston Technique and the Active Release Technique
- Spinal decompression
- Therapeutic massage
- Ultrasound therapy to release stiffness, inflammation, and pain
- Mobilization which involves the moving, manipulating, and stretching of the joints and muscles to relieve tension, compression, pain, and stiffness
Contact Our St. Petersburg Chiropractic Injury & Rehab Today!
If you would like to know more, give the friendly helpful staff at St. Petersburg Chiropractic Injury & Rehab a call at (727) 519-3757, stop by our offices in St. Petersburg, or schedule an appointment online.