Sciatica Treatment at St. Petersburg Chiropractic Injury & Rehab in Florida
Our sciatica chiropractor in St. Petersburg, FL is Dr. Colby Staubs, and he has been bringing patients desperately needed pain relief for a number of years. If you are experiencing deep burning pain that radiates from one side of your lower back or buttocks down through the corresponding leg’s sciatic nerve, you likely are suffering from sciatica. There are a number of causes of sciatic symptoms, but fortunately our St. Petersburg, FL chiropractor offers a variety of natural, non-invasive solutions to treat this painful condition here.
Common Causes of Sciatica
Sciatic nerve pain can be sourced from a variety of complications ranging from degenerative conditions to accidental injuries. Common causes of sciatica include:
Spinal Disc Injuries—Slipped, bulging or herniated discs in the lower lumbar due to an injury are some of the most common causes of sciatic pain. These conditions often result from auto, work, and sporting injuries or repetitious motions that involve heavy lifting.
Piriformis Syndrome—Often caused by falling or abrupt impact to the tail bone, this condition cause tightening in the buttocks that can source numbness and pain in the leg.
Spondylosisthesis—If just one vertebra slips out of proper alignment, it can cause subsequent discs to slip down into nerve endings that connect to the sciatic nerve.
Spinal Stenosis—A degenerative condition associated with aging, spinal stenosis involves the narrowing of the spinal canal that results in pinching nerves that can cause sciatica.
Sciatica Treatment with our St. Petersburg, FL Chiropractor
Before our St. Petersburg, FL chiropractor begins any care, Dr. Colby will determine the underlying cause for your condition. He finds the greatest healing occurs with an integrated approach involving a combination of chiropractic care treatments including:
- Spinal decompression to stretch the vertebrae into proper position and relieve pressure off of nerves.
- Trigger point therapy is the use of pressure being applied to specific ‘trigger points’ within the affected leg that are associated with your particular condition.
- Chiropractic adjustments are gentle manual manipulations of the spine that help the vertebrae reposition themselves to cease nerve impingements that source back and sciatic pain.
- Massage therapy in combination with chiropractic techniques helps relax muscles and increase oxygen in the blood stream to expedite healing. We find that many patients are more relaxed and have more successful adjustments and therapies after a therapeutic massage.
- Corrective exercises and stretches can help improve mobility while eradicating sciatica symptoms. This also can strengthen surrounding muscles to prevent injury recurrences.
Contact our St. Petersburg, FL Chiropractor Today
We have one mission: to treat your condition from the source with natural care to provide you with long-term relief and greater health overall. Our sciatica chiropractor in St. Petersburg, FL can help you get the relief you need today. We also proudly serve the surrounding communities of Gulfport, Pinellas Park, and Treasure Island.
Give our caring and compassionate team at St. Petersburg Chiropractic Injury & Rehab a call today at (727) 519-3757 or contact us to make an appointment with Dr. Staubs.Take advantage of our new patient special that gives first-time guests 15 percent off their consultation and initial examination.